Views from Junqui

Home security system, false alarms are frequent.
junqui-1

Hibiscus grows everywhere here and comes in red, pink, and white.
junqui-2

Tide pools found in these rocks serve as a nice Jacuzzi.
junqui-3

This is quite a tiny flower.
junqui-4

Every princess has their holes.
junqui-5

Tired from surfing? Help yourself to a coconut before you hop in the Jacuzzi.
junqui-6

Rumor has it a crocodile lives here.
junqui-7

Refraction caused by these rocks is what makes Playa Junquillal a surf spot.
junqui-8

The lines in the sand are drawn by a little slug creature I call the Jackson Pollock bug.
junqui-9

The leftmost tree is the landmark for the entrance to casa whaack.
junqui-10

And finally, the view from my balcony.
junqui-11
junqui-12
junqui-13

10 Responses to “Views from Junqui”

1. Diana Coman says:

Quite beautiful indeed, good for you.

Even princesses' holes have references though (and I'll leave to you the precise referencing of the relevant... bit).

2. Diana Coman says:

Hm, that link got messed up above (lack of http I suppose) so let's see again: princess holes.

3. whaack says:

Why thank you, the proper link for the reference is now included!

4. Ah, Guanacaste. Thanks god you bought on the Pacific side, I was worried for a moment there.

5. whaack says:

Not bought, I am renting this place for a year. It is a studio apartment on top of a home inhabited by a married tico couple.

6. Of Course says:

We moved down there five years ago, it's been a wild ride. When's your re-assignment surgery?

7. whaack says:

@Of Course

You waste your own time more than you waste the time of others.

8. billymg says:

Wow, you are right on the water! Looks very peaceful, I'm sure it's a relief to have it all sorted out finally.

9. whaack says:

@billymg

Quite relaxing here, it's easy to fall asleep with the constant sound of the waves. And yes it's a huge relief to have (most of) the work of moving done. Here's to you feeling that relief in January!

10. [...] personally put together. Acquiring the iron necessary for my desired machine is difficult given my location on the beach. So per the advice of diana_coman, I hopped into #trilema-hanbot to speak with a lord keen on [...]